Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I'm Too Sexy for my Socks.


I am really picky about my socks. I have a few favorite pairs that I like to wear. When all of my "good" socks are gone, it makes me very unhappy. The sad truth about socks is that every style that you will ever love will no longer be in existence when you realize how badass they are. Good socks last for longer than they are on the market. Every single pair of socks that have stood the test of time for me and continually find themselves "in the rotation" I cannot find in stores or online. All of the sock companies have new styles of socks and you can't find your badass socks that you fell in love with, so you have to buy socks that are similar to your badass socks. The problem is that these phony badass socks get stretched out in about a week and you are left wondering why your beloved socks aren't made anymore! The whole sock market is awful.

This begs the question.. Do I risk buying a large amount of possibly badass socks in the store on the chance that they will remain in the "good socks" column for years to come? If they turn out to be great, long-lasting socks, it's a good investment (cause i'll never be able to find them again). The chances are slim though.

Luckily for me, there is a happy ending to this story. Just this past weekend, I FINALLY found one of my favorite styles of socks online, and purchased 18 pairs. So I should be set for a while. Yay to new socks!

No comments: